Mission statement - Vision for the future
Carers in Hertfordshire is concerned first and foremost to support the carer, whatever the caring circumstances or the condition of the person receiving care.
We aim to ensure that all carers in Hertfordshire are recognised and valued; are informed and supported in their caring role; have an opportunity for a life outside caring; can exercise a collective voice; and can be involved in consultation and planning to ensure high quality support services for themselves and the people they care for.
Our Values and Philosophy
To achieve the aspirations of our Mission Statement, Carers in Hertfordshire will:
- ensure Carers are first and foremost in our activity
- acknowledge the expertise of Carers
- respect Carers' choices, including the choice not to act in a Carer role
- campaign effectively alongside Carers to promote their rights, status and views
- support Carers to speak for themselves
- provide quality information, advice and support
- develop effective services relevant to Carers' stated needs
- work with Carers to promote their life choices, health and well being
- promote best practice in the planning, delivery and review of services relevant to Carers
- raise the profile of Carers' contributions to our community in partnership with other organizations for the benefit of Carers.
- conduct business with openness and transparency; collaborate where we can and ensure we are sensitive to the environmental impact of our business.