We offer carers a voice by:
- Informing and advising carers about how they can access services or compliment or complain about the services that they, or the person being cared for, receive.
- Involving carers in specialist Carers' Forums and local Listening to Carers events.
- Enabling carers to participate in the planning, scrutiny and monitoring of health and social care services: Carers can give their views on the availability and quality of existing services and can work in partnership with other agencies to plan the provision of new services.
- Enabling carers to speak up about what they need – perhaps a break from caring, a chance to get out, or counselling and the chance to talk through their concerns.
- Feeding back carers' views to County Councillors and other planners to decide strategies and priorities in social and primary health care.
- Building up a picture of carers' concerns and difficulties every time a contact is made with Carers in Hertfordshire, which can be used to inform service planning in other agencies.